The Coronavirus or the COVID-19 has led to a global health crisis. And, it has further led to people panicking and believing any myths coming their way. The pathogen responsible for COVID-19 is severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, a member of the Coronavirus family.
The basic symptoms include:
- Common Cold
- Sore Throat
- Exacerbated Asthma
It is also important to know the different ways in which the Coronavirus can be transmitted:
- Making contact with a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Touching a person who has the virus.
- Coughing and sneezing without covering the mouth.
Therefore, the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygienic conditions during this time of infectious outbreak is essential to protect human health. Currently, there is no evidence of COVID-19 being transmitted through drinking water, sewage or wastewater. However, there are certain precautionary measures pertaining to water that should be followed diligently:
- Proper handwashing hygiene at regular intervals.
- Safe management and disinfection of drinking water and sanitation services can facilitate the rapid killing of the Coronavirus.
- Following the simple rule of “Social Distancing”. This will help in minimising the risk of virus transmission from one person to another.
Hand Hygiene is one of the most important precautionary measures to be undertaken to prevent the transmission of Coronavirus. Cleaning hands with water, soap and alcohol-based disinfectant is very helpful. Also, there have been awareness campaigns telling people to wash their hands for 20 seconds, but it doesn’t require you to keep the tap running for those 20 seconds. In this time of the deadly outbreak, we have to make sure that we don’t give rise to another crisis while dealing with the current one.
Stay safe and save water. By standing strong together, we can fight whatever may come in front of us.
Save, recycle & reuse water, install your wastewater purification plant now:
E-mail - email@example.com
Call - +91 (22) 6704 9000