There are several wastewater treatment technologies available, but Rochem’s Waste Heat Evaporator stands apart when it comes to evaporation because they provide innovative and comprehensive solutions with waste heat utilisation for Zero Liquid Discharge and various other process applications. With the aim of minimising energy usage, water consumption and potentially harmful emissions, Rochem was founded to provide a simple and sustainable approach through energy-efficient Zero Liquid discharge for wastewater, effluents and sewage.
Rochem’s Waste Heat Evaporators function through Membrane Distillation, which helps in utilising the differences in vapour pressure to saturate water through a hydrophobic membrane and remove other non-volatile constituents present in the feed.
It functions in four easy steps:
- The heat from the bulk fluid gets transported to the wastewater surface.
- This helps in evaporating wastewater from the surface.
- The resulting vapour then diffuses through the membrane.
- And, condenses on the other side of the membrane.
- Energy efficient
- Low life cycle cost
- Compact and Modular Design
- High quality of distillate (output)
- Safe Operations at Low temperature
- Limits scaling and corrosion issues
- Easy maintenance as the system is skid-mounted at ground level
- Reduction in non-condensable components during vapourisation
- Helps in the concentration of aqueous solution to produce fresh water
In any separation process, even the refined liquid may carry contaminants like particles, ions, bacterias, viruses, pyrogens, etc. It is theoretically impossible to reach an absolute purification. However, through Rochem’s Waste Heat Evaporators
- there are no theoretical restraints.
- nothing is pressured through the membrane as in the filter technology.
- nothing sweeps through the vapour, as in the case of distillation technology.
Types of Applications in Rochem’s Waste Heat Evaporators:
- Zero liquid discharge
- Metal recovery
- Softener rejects treatment
- Non-volatile acid concentration
- Concentration in the API industry
- Medicinal herbs & juice concentration
- Waste Pickle Liquor treatment & recovery in the Steel Industry
Rochem’s Waste Heat Evaporators provide wastewater treatment in the following industries:
- Steel Industry
- Food & Beverages
- API & Formulations
- Dyes & Intermediates
- Acid Washings & many more
ROCHEM India offers state-of-the-art services in setting up wastewater treatment plants for several industries. They provide customised solutions for treating wastewater generated during the production of different products which further helps in the reuse of water and thereby, solving the rising issue of releasing wastewater into the natural water streams.
Save, Recycle & Reuse Water, install your wastewater purification plant now:
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Call - +91 (22) 6704 9000